Latest Video Marketing Statistics To Boost Your 2023 Campaigns
The popularity of videos has soared over the years, with an average user spending close to 100 minutes daily on video consumption. In 2022, 82 percent of internet traffic globally came from streaming or video downloads.
Video content has been a crucial part of a business’s both owned and paid distribution channels including all socials and landing pages. Google also prefers to rank videos at top of the SERP results as they not only engage the audience but also make topic comprehension easier.
So it’s not surprising that 98 percent of marketers already consider video marketing to be a crucial part of their marketing strategies. Videos are only going to receive more attention, given 78 percent of marketers plan to invest in video marketing in 2023.
In fact, 91 percent of marketers have truly understood the importance of videos as part of their digital campaigns only after the pandemic. Video marketers say video content on social media can not only help you build outreach but also increase conversions as a video has become the most shareable content type.
If you are also thinking of using video for marketing your business, it’s time to review some vital statistics of the online video market. It can help you understand video consumption trends and design more effective campaigns.
Take a look at these top video marketing statistics to fine-tune your 2023 campaigns:
Online video content consumption statistics: The consumer side
Video marketing is an effective way to push your content marketing efforts to the next level.
Businesses that focus on creating more than 51 videos annually reportedly grew from 13 percent in 2019 to 46 percent in 2020.
- 66 percent of the audience prefers watching short videos to learn more about a product or service
- 41 percent of users surveyed noted that watching a video reduces the need for support calls
- Users spend 88 percent more time browsing when websites feature a video
- On average, the time spent watching videos by a teen in the United States daily is 3 hours and 16 minutes
- Videos that are personalized to suit the needs and preferences of the audience are 35 percent more likely to retain their viewers
- 58 percent of viewers believe that user-generated videos are more authentic compared to branded content
- 79 percent of the users believe that user-generated content has a huge impact on their purchasing decisions
- Google estimates that YouTube videos reach more 18- to 49-year-olds within a week compared to all cable TV networks combined
- Marketers only get 2.7 seconds to grab the viewer’s attention through videos
- 82 percent of users do not enjoy videos that are not properly optimized for their viewing device
- When it comes to grabbing the attention of customers, video content is 1200 percent more successful compared to other forms of content creation
- Compared to television viewers, YouTube mobile users are twice as likely to pay attention to what they are watching
- The length of the video published matters as half of the videos uploaded in the last few years were less than two minutes long
- 92 percent of the audience watch their videos with the sound off, highlighting the importance of including subtitles
- 52 percent of consumers watch a video right till the end
- Videos that are shorter than 90 seconds enjoy a 50 percent retention rate
- In the US, most viewers enjoy watching videos on Wednesdays between 7 AM and 11 AM PST
- 87 percent of business-related videos are watched from desktop accounts
- Compared to women, men spend 40 percent more time watching online videos
- Horizontal videos click with 75 percent of the audience, whereas only 25 percent want to watch them vertically
- There is a greater demand for creating entertaining videos, as 73 percent of people want to watch them
What are some common reasons businesses don’t have a video strategy for their campaign?
The popularity of video has seen a tremendous rise in the past decade. Almost 86% of marketing professionals agree that audiences prefer watching a brand’s video to learn about a product or service before buying.
Thus, Businesses use video as a marketing tool to improve ROI and statistics have also proven that video marketers are satisfied with the ROI. Still, there are some who think video creation for business is just a hoax.
- 41 percent of marketers shy away from videos because they think video making is too complicated
- 16 percent of marketers feel that they don’t know where to start when they think of creating videos
- 13 percent of marketers believe videos are not essential for the success of a digital campaignn
- 35 percent of marketers stay away from videos as they think videos can be extremely expensive to make
- 24% of businesses feel video production is a costly process and video creation in-house requires high-end resources and an expert team
- 57 percent of small and medium-sized businesses have to only rely on their internal resources for creating video content
Which channels do video marketers plan to use in 2023?
Choosing the right platform for publishing your videos is just as important as the video content you publish.
Given that there is a multitude of options available, here are some interesting video marketing stats to help you choose the appropriate platform suited to your needs. Bear in mind that although these are video marketing statistics from 2022, they provide you valuable insights on which platform you are likely to achieve more success:
YouTube will remain in the top spot when it comes to choosing a platform for launching a video marketing campaign. In 2022, YouTube was part of the video marketing strategy of 88 percent of video marketers. Moreover, almost one-third of internet users regularly tune into YouTube to watch a video, and the platform currently has a user base of 2+ billion.
Similarly, Instagram and LinkedIn can be two other platforms to target, given 68 percent of marketers in 2022 considered them to be a part of their video marketing strategy.
Even though LinkedIn rolled out video uploading only in 2017, a survey indicates that users are 20 times more likely to watch and share videos on the platform than in other content formats.
The most popular types of videos you can create
To a large extent, the growth of video marketing campaigns for your business depends on the types of videos you create. Here are some interesting stats on video formats:
For B2B companies, the popularity of product videos stands out as a critical B2B video marketing statistic. Sharing information about products offered by the business through explainer videos and how-to videos is a popular choice, with 72 percent of marketers opting for it.
96 percent of customers have found explainer videos to be useful for learning more about a new product or service. Partnering with an explainer video company can help you leverage their power.
- 63 percent of social media marketers consider live video to occupy prime real estate in the coming years
- Other common video formats include testimonial videos, an option preferred by 48 percent of marketers, and sales videos which 42 percent of marketers rely on. Videos narrating the brand story are also another format marketers can experiment with.
- Webinars are also used by 41 percent of video marketers as part of their marketing plan, and 37 percent plan to continue using them
- Any video created should be informative and useful for its target audience. As per video engagement stats, the most engaging videos are about 2 min long.
- 39 percent audience surveyed in 2022 noted that they would like to see brands publish more explainer video
- 45 percent of the audience also expects more live videos from the brands they follow on social media
- 68% of businesses are now shifting towards short videos as Instagram video reels and TikTok has seen a huge rise in audience engagement.
General video marketing statistics that prove videos are powerful marketing tools
86 percent of marketers rely on video as a marketing tool.
78 percent of marketers believe that videos have been directly responsible for boosting sales, making it a no-brainer for them to include videos as part of their digital marketing campaigns.
B2B marketers tend to use video marketing more, with 71 percent of them including videos in their marketing campaigns, whereas only 66 percent of B2C marketers use it.
Ultimately, it boils down to the profit generated, and the Return on investment statistics do not disappoint:
- 88 percent of marketers have found that the ROI of video marketing campaigns is satisfactory
- 51 percent of marketing professionals globally also consider video as the content that delivers the best ROI
- Embedding videos in emails can increase click-through rates by 65 percent
- Marketers leveraging video marketing can boost their revenue 49 percent faster than those who don’t
- Adding videos on the website provides a 157 percent increase in organic traffic from search engine results page
- The conversion rates are 34 percent higher for those marketers who ensure that videos find a place in their digital campaigns
- Emails that mention the word ‘video’ in their subject enjoy a 7 percent higher open rate
Marketers should also note that video marketing is an excellent lead-generation channel:
- Including videos in digital campaigns can fetch 66 percent more qualified leads yearly and boost brand awareness by 54 percent.
- Close to 93 percent of marketers believe that videos on social media help companies to land new customers
- 83 percent of business owners admit that using video as a part of their marketing campaigns provides more incentive to visitors to explore their websites for a longer duration
These compelling video statistics make it clear that video marketing benefits businesses without a doubt. If you are keen to grow your network and expand your customer base, you must foray into the video marketing world if you haven’t already.
Looking forward to creating your own video?
Video Engagement Stats for Social Media
The key to acing video marketing is publishing videos where your target audience is most likely to watch them.
Besides websites and landing pages, social media platforms are an excellent avenue to upload videos and reach your audience.
Here are some social media video statistics that make a strong case for why ignoring these platforms is not an option:
- 73 percent of viewers on social media prefer to watch “entertaining” videos
- Live videos form part of the social media strategy of approximately 17 percent of companies.
- Researching products through vlogs is a preferred option for 16 percent of social video viewers
- 73 percent of the audience agree that a brand’s social media presence has influenced their purchasing decision
- More than 65% of marketers use videos online and post at least one video per week
Below are the top video marketing stats for each platform to help you pick the right one for your campaign:
- For 84 percent of video marketers, Facebook serves as the main video marketing channel
- 52 percent of viewers are likely to buy from brands they follow on Facebook
- The Facebook video platform, Facebook Watch, receives 75 million visits daily, and each user spends 20 minutes on average watching videos
- Compared to YouTube links, native videos on Facebook fetch 10 times higher reach
- While the overall engagement rate on Facebook is only 0.15 percent, the average engagement rate for video posts is 0.26 percent
- In 2020, video content accounted for 15 percent of the total content uploaded on Facebook
- Branded content posted as a Facebook video receives engagement from more than 49 percent of the audience, which is double that of any other social media platform
- Every month, Facebook has over 500 million active video advertisers
- 33 percent of marketers have opted for Facebook Live as part of their video marketing campaign
- 45 percent of the audience prefers browsing through Facebook, and 61 percent of millennials binge-watch videos on the platform
- At least one video is uploaded every week by 93 percent of brands with a Facebook account
- 64 percent of businesses admit that uploading videos on Facebook have helped them acquire a new client in the last 12 months
- 71 percent of the content published by Facebook accounts that have more than 100000 followers is video
- 85 percent of the videos on Facebook are watched without audio
- One out of every five videos on Facebook is in the form of a Facebook live feed.
- The platform has 38 million active channels, and 15 million channel owners are content creators. Over 22,000 channels have 1 million subscribers
- According to YouTube, over 500+ hours of content get uploaded to the platform every minute
- 46 percent of marketers consider YouTube to be the best platform for sharing video content, and 70 percent of viewers discover new brands through YouTube
- 62 percent of video ad time on YouTube grabs the users’ attention, whereas only 45 percent of TV ad time is successful in doing so
- 70 percent of the content on YouTube is consumed by users through their mobile device
- After Google, YouTube is considered the second-largest search engine on the internet
- 3 out of 4 adults say that they watch videos on YouTube on their mobile devices when they are at home
- Posting online videos on YouTube can fetch you the attention of 62 percent of consumers across the globe
- On average, a user spends 17 minutes 31 seconds daily on YouTube
- 68.2 percent of the videos that show up on the first page of YouTube search results have HD quality, and their average length is 14 minutes 50 seconds
- If the videos on YouTube feature an influencer or a celebrity, the audience is 3 times more likely to watch it
- Users are 1.6 times more likely to play a video of higher production value as long as it is relevant to their interests
- 9% percent of small businesses have launched their own YouTube channel
- In the US, the watch time for shopping-related videos published on YouTube has increased by 5 times over the last two years
- In 2020, there was a 45 percent increase in daily live streams on YouTube
- After Netflix, YouTube is the second most preferred platform choice for millennials
- 38 percent of marketers have experimented with video content on LinkedIn, and out of these, 75 percent have found it to deliver the desired results
- Brands receive 24 times more comments and 7 times more reactions when they opt for LinkedIn live streams instead of publishing videos
- A survey conducted by LinkedIn revealed that users are 20 times more likely to share a video over any other type of content format supported by the platform
- 70 percent of videos on LinkedIn have captions or text to support silent viewing as they are more likely to be watched fully
- 68 percent of video marketers use video on their LinkedIn profiles and want to continue using LinkedIn in their 2023 video marketing plan
- 80 percent of videos published on LinkedIn are watched with sound off
- Tweets along with videos receive 2.5 times more replies, 2.8 times more retweets, and 1.9 times more likes compared to text-only tweets
- Videos on Twitter receive 2 billion views daily
- There is a 2x higher clickthrough rate for Video Website Cards on Twitter when compared to standard video ads
- Publishing Twitter Video Ads can save more than 50 percent on the cost per engagement
- Video advertising statistics indicate that sales ads contribute to 85 percent of Twitter’s revenue
- Videos published on Twitter are 6 times as likely to be retweeted
- Adding videos to promoted tweets can help marketers save over 50 percent on cost-per-engagement
The length of videos on Instagram can be anywhere between 3 seconds to 60 minutes. The format is determined by the length of the video.
To Know about Instagram content types and lengths
Check out: The Instagram Video Marketing Guide
Here are some interesting statistics on the state of video marketing on the platform:
- Video posts on Instagram fetch twice the engagement compared to static posts
- 79 percent of the viewers believe that video ads on Instagram have convinced them to buy a new product
- 70 percent of Instagram users tune in to watch video content daily through Instagram Stories
- 1 out of 4 viewers go ahead and purchase a new product when they see a story on Instagram
- 7 out of 10 users swipe up when the brand provides access links on their Instagram Stories
- 4 million businesses use Instagram Stories as a primary medium for ads placement
- A chunk of Instagram’s audience is made up of 18 to 34-year-olds
- Every 9 out of 10 users watch Instagram videos every week
- Marketers say that Instagram and YouTube are the top social media platforms generating leads. Instagram generates 66 percent of leads, and YouTube generates 59 percent.
- Adding stickers to Instagram Stories can boost viewership and improve brand awareness by 83 percent
- Video marketers say the global internet in 2022 is an opportunity for businesses to increase sales and build brands with Instagram video content
- On average, an online Tik Tok viewer in the US spends 46 minutes on the platform daily, clocking in 37 billion video views per month
- Only 1 out of 10 marketers have considered TikTok video marketing, and out of them, 66 percent have reported satisfactory results
- Videos over a minute receive over 5 billion views across the globe
- TikTok is the first non-Facebook app that has recorded 3 billion downloads globally and a 61 percent boost in mentions year over year in 2021
- Finance-related content on the platform grew by over 255 percent in 2021
- In 2020, on average, Android spent 13.3 hours each month on the platform.
- TikTok is currently the most engaging out of all social media apps, and the average user session lasts for about 10.85 minutes
- When it comes to marketing videos, TikTok ads grab the eyeballs of approximately 17.9 percent of people above 18 years who are active on the internet
- 52 percent of users worldwide find the platform useful for searching for new products
- Digital campaigns in the US noticed a 14 percent higher paid media ROAS on TikTok when compared to other digital media platforms
- 63 percent of videos on TikTok get the highest click-through rate when a marketing message is shown within the first 3 seconds
- A Vertical TikTok video gets a 25 percent higher watch-through rate compared to a horizontal TikTok video
- Brand takeover ads published on TikTok can result in 5 million daily impressions
Key metrics for video marketers to track the success
Make a note of the following video in marketing statistics to evaluate the effectiveness of your campaigns.
- 62 percent of marketers believe that success can be determined through the engagement received by a video through shares, comments, and likes
- 41 percent of marketers consider customer engagement and retention to be the primary yardsticks for evaluating the success of their video marketing efforts.
- While drop-offs are common, you can expect 25 percent of the audience to watch the videos right till the end
- 61 percent of marketers consider the number of views of a video as a measure of success
- More and more businesses are creating social media video content nowadays to achieve target marketing statistics
Is live streaming videos a good idea?
Live streaming was a huge trend during the pandemic, as people couldn’t experience anything in person. Whether watching a product launch or tuning into a music festival, live streaming was the only viable option.
Research shows that the global live-streaming market size is likely to be worth USD 247,275 million by 2027. Naturally, marketers are jumping on the live-streaming bandwagon, and here are some interesting stats that make a strong case for considering it:
- Due to live-streaming,44 percent of viewers prefer watching less TV
- In the last quarter of 2021, the audience enjoyed approximately 9 billion hours worth of live-streaming content
- Social media remains the preferred choice for viewers to enjoy live streaming and 52 percent audience uses it
- As of December 2021, over 20 percent of adults in the US between the ages of 18 to 34 tuned in to watch live stream videos throughout the day
- One-third of internet users watch live video streams the most every week compared to other video categories
- Marketers say that live-action video is the most preferred type of video format for businesses and more than 40 percent of them prefer using it for their video marketing efforts
Needless to say, there is enough evidence to make a compelling case for producing video content if you are serious about growing your brand.
Use these video marketing statistics for 2023 to build a solid strategy. If done right, video marketing can help you generate stronger engagement with your audience, produce better conversions, and drive quality traffic to your website. And is there any business that wouldn’t want it?